Home > Buildings and Street Scenes > Churches > All Saints', Marple.
Can your business or organisation help support this site too?

All Saints' Old Church

A fantastic quality glass slide image of All Saints' Old Georgian Church, built by Samuel Oldknow and opened for service in 1811.

Image06.jpg allsaints04.jpg allsaints1.jpg mlhs_all_saints_old_church_1.jpg mlhs_all_saints_old.jpg
Rate this file (Current rating : 5 / 5 with 1 votes)

Comment 1 to 1 of 1
Page: 1

Noel Brindley   [Jan 26, 2011 at 05:58 PM]
A description of All Saints from 1831: Here is a chapel of ease to Stockport, re-built of stone, with a tower, containing the old bells of Stockport Church. It is dedicated to All Saints and the living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the rector of Stockport - the Rev. William Wilbraham Johnson is the encumbant: the registers commenced in 1655. The Chapelry contained, in 1821, a population of 2,646 and in 1831, 2,678 inhabitants.

Comment 1 to 1 of 1
Page: 1