Home > People and Events > Marple Children's Orthopaedic Hospital (Treetops) > Marple Childrens' Orthopaedic Hospital
Can your business or organisation help support this site too?

Most viewed - Marple Childrens' Orthopaedic Hospital
mlhs_nurses_1950_18_faces.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital Staff928 viewsStaff at the Children's Orthopaedic Hospital, thought to be in the summer of 1950. See comments for a full list of known names and the periods they worked at the hospital. From Marple Local History Society Archives.
TT-2b.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital901 viewsThe Orthopaedic Hospital's Nurses Home at 48, Dale Road, now a private house. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
TT-4.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1953896 viewsAsh Ward or Girl's Ward at the Orthopaedic Hospital with Violet Carson and Matron Miss W. Parkinson, taken in 1953. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
TT-2a.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital885 viewsInside the Orthopaedic Hospital's Nurses Home at 48, Dale Road, now a private house. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
mlhs_boys_ward_1950_later_cedar_ward.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital883 viewsThe boys ward, which later became Cedar Ward, at Treetops Hospital c1950. From Marple Local History Society Archives.
TT-1.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1953821 viewsMr. Newton (left) of the Orthopaedic Hospital's Entertainment's Committee presenting a fountain to commemorate the Coronation to William Hough (right), thought to be Chairman of the Board of Trustees. Taken at the front of building in 1953.
TT-2c.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital806 viewsInside the Orthopaedic Hospital's Nurses Home at 48, Dale Road, now a private house. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
mlhs_new_mills_rt_playground_1985.jpg
Treetops Playground 1985798 viewsIn 1985 New Mills, Marple and District Round Table presented a new play area to Treetops. Shown here are (l-r) John Morran, Ken Larkam, Gerrard Lenox, Colin Fox and Alan Whitehead. From Marple Local History Society Archives.
mlhs_matron_nurse_and_patients.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1950-52791 viewsA poor quality image of Matron Parkinson with a nurse and patients in the grounds of Treetops between 1950-52. The young girl being held by Matron is Susan Harding (now Magee). From Marple Local History Society Archives.
ken_chaisty_1949-51_2.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1949-51772 viewsKen Chaisty, who was at the hospital between 1949 and 1951, on the veranda at Treetops with his mother.
mlhs_matron_and_patient.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1950-52771 viewsMatron Miss W. Parkinson with a young patient identified in 2013 as Susan Harding (now Magee) in the grounds of Treetops. From Marple Local History Society Archives.
mlhs_girls_ward_1950_later_ash_ward.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital769 viewsThe girls ward, which later became Ash Ward, at Treetops Hospital c1950. From Marple Local History Society Archives.
91 files on 8 page(s) 2