Home > People and Events > Marple Children's Orthopaedic Hospital (Treetops) > Marple Childrens' Orthopaedic Hospital
Can your business or organisation help support this site too?

Most viewed - Marple Childrens' Orthopaedic Hospital
1905 Crippled Children's Home on Cross Lane3413 viewsA holiday home for crippled children was started in a cottage on Cross Lane in 1907, which led to the building of the Children's Orthopaedic Hospital in Dale Road. But this postcard is dated 1905 on the back! From Marple Local History Society Archives.
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital c1947-492711 viewsA ceremony outside the Children's Orthopaedic Hospital some time between 1947 and 1949.
See comment for names. Click the photo for a larger version.
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 19462668 viewsA live radio broadcast from the Orthopaedic Hospital in 1946 including Wilfred Pickles, Violet Carson, Doris Groves and Hugh Morton. The program was called 'Stuff and Nonsense'.
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 19532241 viewsTwo young girls play with a rabbit when Belle Vue Zoo visited Treetops hospital in 1953. From Marple Local History Society Archives.
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1970s1659 viewsA retirement presentation at Treetops Hospital for Miss Swinfin, with Matron Hamilton and Admin Matron Howie. Other staff names include: Sisters Brierly, Siddall, Heyes, SEN Bradbury, Aux Winrow, Aux Howard, May Garrett (kitchen) and Mary (sewing lady). Provided by David Myers.
Treetops Playground 19851295 viewsPart of the playground presented to Treetops in 1985 by New Mills, Marple and District Round Table. From Marple Local History Society Archives.
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital1216 viewsMatron with the Orthopaedic Hospital's portable X-ray machine in old Air Raid Shelter, accessed from outside. Taken in the 1950s. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital1190 viewsDale Ward at the Orthopaedic Hospital, used as a classroom for the pre-registration nurses 16 -18 year olds. Miss Parkinson demonstrates anatomy on 'Jimmy' in the 1950s. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital Staff1119 viewsStaff at Treetops: front Mrs Dibbs, L to R, Susan Myers (nee Dawson), Staff Nurse Cherry, Elsie (nee Kirkpatrick) and an unknown student. Provided by David Myers.
Orthopedic Hospital1109 viewsMarple Childrens' Orthopedic Hospital, later to become Treetops, and now demolished for housing.
1912 Home for Crippled Children1068 viewsThe first sod is cut in 1912 by Mrs C. B. Holmes for a Crippled Children's Home on Dale Road. In 1937 this became the Children's Orthopaedic Hospital "Treetops".
Treetops Hospital c20031020 viewsOne of the ward names carved into the brickwork at Treetops. By Coral Dranfield shortly before demolition.
91 files on 8 page(s) 1