Last additions
picture_69.JPG
The Garden HouseThe Garden House stood near Mellor Lodge, off Lakes Road. In 1881 it was home to unemployed Engine Driver William Smith, his wife Sarah and their 8 children between the ages of 3 and 18.Jul 11, 2006
picture_68.JPG
Marple Conservative ClubMarple Conservative Club on Church Lane.Jul 11, 2006
picture_67.JPG
Old Grammar SchoolThe old Grammar School on Church Lane, site of the present day Conservative Club.Jul 11, 2006
picture_66.JPG
Woodville HallThe original meat slab in the cellar at Woodville Hall.Jul 11, 2006
picture_65.JPG
Woodville HallThe newel post on the main staircase at Woodville Hall.Jul 11, 2006
picture_64.JPG
Woodville HallThe original fireplace at Woodville Hall shortly before demolition.Jul 11, 2006
picture_63.JPG
Woodville HallWoodville Hall, home of local mill owners and later an old peoples' home. Demolished in 1994.Jul 11, 2006
picture_62.JPG
Barton's ShopAnother view of Barton's Shop, Andrew Street, Compstall.Jul 11, 2006
picture_61.JPG
Windsor CastleThe Windsor Castle Pub, Marple Bridge.Jul 11, 2006
picture_59.JPG
Toll HouseThe Toll House at Stone Row.Jul 11, 2006
picture_60.JPG
Wheeldon's ShopGeo. Wheeldon's Shop on the corner of Oldknow Road and St. Martin's Road, now a nursing home.Jul 11, 2006
picture_58.JPG
Saint Martin's Church, May Day 1915May Day celebrations in 1915 outside St. Martin's Church School, Low Marple.Jul 11, 2006
14831 files on 1236 page(s) 1221
Can your business or organisation help support this site too?