Home > People and Events > Marple Children's Orthopaedic Hospital (Treetops) > Marple Childrens' Orthopaedic Hospital
Can your business or organisation help support this site too?

mlhs_crippled_children_cross_lane_c1907.jpg
1905 Crippled Children's Home on Cross LaneA holiday home for crippled children was started in a cottage on Cross Lane in 1907, which led to the building of the Children's Orthopaedic Hospital in Dale Road. But this postcard is dated 1905 on the back! From Marple Local History Society Archives.
crippleshome.jpg
1912 Home for Crippled ChildrenThe first sod is cut in 1912 by Mrs C. B. Holmes for a Crippled Children's Home on Dale Road. In 1937 this became the Children's Orthopaedic Hospital "Treetops".
susan-harding-1.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1950 Susan HardingA photo of Susan Harding at Treetops taken for her grandparents in 1950. Provided by Susan Magee (nee Harding) in 2013.
mlhs_matron_nurse_and_patients.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1950-52A poor quality image of Matron Parkinson with a nurse and patients in the grounds of Treetops between 1950-52. The young girl being held by Matron is Susan Harding (now Magee). From Marple Local History Society Archives.
mlhs_matron_and_patient.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1950-52Matron Miss W. Parkinson with a young patient identified in 2013 as Susan Harding (now Magee) in the grounds of Treetops. From Marple Local History Society Archives.
susan-harding-2.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1950-52Susan Harding with an unknown nurse in the grounds of Treetops between 1950-52. Provided by Susan Magee (nee Harding) in 2013.
susan-harding-3.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1950-52Susan Harding is is the young girl with Matron Parkinson in the grounds of Treetops between 1950-52. The young boy is not known. Provided by Susan Magee (nee Harding) in 2013.
childrens-orthopaedic-hosp-miss-swinfinn-retirement-1970s.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital 1970sA retirement presentation at Treetops Hospital for Miss Swinfin, with Matron Hamilton and Admin Matron Howie. Other staff names include: Sisters Brierly, Siddall, Heyes, SEN Bradbury, Aux Winrow, Aux Howard, May Garrett (kitchen) and Mary (sewing lady). Provided by David Myers.
childrens-orthopaedic-hosp-staff.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic Hospital StaffStaff at Treetops: front Mrs Dibbs, L to R, Susan Myers (nee Dawson), Staff Nurse Cherry, Elsie (nee Kirkpatrick) and an unknown student. Provided by David Myers.
TT-2a.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic HospitalInside the Orthopaedic Hospital's Nurses Home at 48, Dale Road, now a private house. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
TT-2b.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic HospitalThe Orthopaedic Hospital's Nurses Home at 48, Dale Road, now a private house. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
TT-2c.jpg
Children's Orthopaedic HospitalInside the Orthopaedic Hospital's Nurses Home at 48, Dale Road, now a private house. Updated from Marple Local History Society Archives 20 August 2010.
91 files on 8 page(s) 1